Saturday, February 7, 2009

Project!!

Anyway this first picture is just a funny picture!  Addi went to a birthday party and loved the party hat she got but she could never put it on herself. So one morning she was running around playing and this is how she was wearing her party hat!!! 

I have been getting so bored and so I decided to start a project, I am not a good sewer but my dad bought me a sewing machine a few years back, (I guess he was hoping I would become domestic) so I decided I would try using it.  I made some baby blankets and then I decided to tackle making Addi a dress. It's not wonderful and was a way easy pattern but I think it turned out alright. 



6 comments:

Katie said...

Addi is so funny. I love that she wears her hat on her bum! And you did an awesome job on the dress. A simple pattern? Well, I could never do it. It looks very cute and I like the bow. We miss you guys and hope you are staying warm.

Call Commotion said...

That dress is adorable!! I love how you act like it wasn't even a big deal sewing it! Yeah right! haha I love you tonz!

Heather said...

Super cute dress Tessy! I love to sew little girl dresses, they are so cute and they are little. Anything beyond that starts to annoy me because it gets too big!
You did an awesome job, and Addi is so cute in it!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Good job, Tess!! Looks like you've been "domesticated." HA!! Actually, you did a great job on the dress -- and the pretty little girl in the dress too. Oh, we miss you guys. Seems we never hear from you, so I'm happy you do the blog now and then.

Love you LOTS & LOTS,
Grandma & Grandpa

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Hi Tess - I don't know if you remember me. I am Trisha's friend. I am bored and was looking through blogs and I first want to say how envious I am of your cute family pic! I MISS THE BEACH SOOOO MUCH. Second, I LOVE that dress. It is very reminicent of Shabby Baby dresses (if you haven't seen them yet, go to Shabbyapple.com). You should make more of them and sell them! I would definetly be interested for my little girl! (and who wouldn't want a little extra cash?)

Kelsey said...

that dress is way cute tanessa.