Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Friends and School Vacations!!!

Jake didn't have to start at Disney for a few weeks and our friends Jon and Gretchen that are in Dental School in Milwuakee had only a few days break before they started back up, so they flew into Orlando and we had a few fun packed days.  We drove about 4 hours to go to Naples and the beach there was like paradise, so we stayed clear until sunset and it was just beautiful.




The everglades were just barely outside of Naples so we drove out.  I thought that this sign was great the only crossing signs I have ever seen living in Idaho is for deer, so I was blown away when I saw a Jaguar crossing sign. I won't lie it kinda scared me to get out of the car!
Jake finally got to see a Gator out in its natural habitat!  You may have to blow up the picture to see it, but I promise its there.

While Jon and Gretchen were here there was a shuttle launch so we drove out to Titusville to watch it.  It was awesome to be that close you could feel the heat and vibrations of it even though we were across the Indian River which is about thirteen miles away.



Last and finally, Addi was invited to go to Baby Rulin's first birthday.  She had soo much fun and is still singing Happy Birthday a week later. 


5 comments:

Kristi said...

By the way...I loved all the new pictures! I know I already commented to you in person, but just wanted to say thanks for the post. Your family pictures were awesome with the sunset in the background!

Katie said...

I wish we coulld come see you guys. It looks like you had lots of fun and I agree with your mom - your family pics with the sunset are pretty awesome. Well, have fun missing us is Florida at the nice beaches with the gators and jaguars.

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Loved the many pictures -- you must have had a GREAT day at the beach! I suspect it may be pretty hard to return to the arid West after all the Florida beaches and sunshine.
Addi is a REAL doll -- and you and Jake aren't too shabby either. HA!
Love Ya'

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Grandpa & I were looking at your pictures again and commenting on how pretty you are, Tanessa! We're not sure we've ever seen you look so pretty -- just tho't we'd send along that compliment. The beaches and sunshine are good for you. And Addi's close up with the sunset in the background is simply ADORABLE!! You look good too, Jake.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Jaguar??? SCARY! Just thought that I would share that in CA there are two other kinds of crossings...one is of a surfer (surfer crossings??) and the other is of a family running (you see those near San Diego warning you of Mexican immigrants running across the freeway.) Makes me wonder what funny warnings other states have.haha!