Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Baby's Room

I promised my mom as soon as I finished the baby's room I would post some pictures. When you're pregnant with your first kid everyone is so very cautious to make sure and not get anything too gender oriented so that you can use it for every kid whether it be a boy or girl. Well I was the same way with Addi and then we moved clear out to Florida, so of course none of my baby things came with me. So when we found out that I was pregnant with another girl and we needed to get all new stuff, my husband told me that we couldn't afford to purchase anything new. So I went crazy on craigslist and garage sales and I decided that since it was all cheap things that we wouldn't take with us when we moved I was going to go all out girly!! I also decided I wasn't going to settle for a modge-podged room with random things all over. So even though I had to buy all used I went crazy making things myself and repainting everything in site. The crib was $30 and an ugly light honey and was pretty banged up, so it got a fresh paint job. The lettering was free from my mom's Cricut, the curtains were $10.
I sewed and quilted the crib quilt and bought all my fabric on sale for $12. The bumper, sheet and bed skirt were $25.

These dressers were going to be thrown out by a couple in our ward, so we took them off of their hands and they got a fresh paint job as well to match the crib. The paint for the dressers, crib and the walls totaled $30.
The rocking chair and cedar chest I already had. The baskets on top of the dressers were $5 and the rug was $20
So my grand total for a brand new baby's room starting from scratch was $132. I love garage sales and craigslist!

10 comments:

K Lind said...

Way cute and way good price!

Krystal said...

So stinking cute! You would never known that stuff was all used and ugly before!! YOu are so crafty!!!

Kristi said...

Sorry I'm slow on the comment!! I think the room is adorable! Good job on your quilt...I was impressed! Love the black and pink, and can't wait to see it in person in a couple of weeks.

Katie said...

Tessy, that room is so cute! I love it. You did very well on such a low budget. Love it!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Luv the black and pink!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

I'm slow at getting to see your blog -- you would think we were moving, or something, huh? Ha! Ha! We are dead tired from packing, cleaning, and trying to get everything in our car -- we look like a couple of old "Okies." Anyway, we're on our way home, with a stop over at Jaron & Heather's. The kids are sweet!!
I love what you've done for the baby's room -- sooooo clever and thrifty too. Love You!!

Amanda said...

ummmm.... you're incredible! Wish I was talented like you!! Teach me to sew!! Love you!

Jana said...

What talent Tess! I love it! I can't wait to see the little one who will sleep there. Addi is darling and I am sure this one will be too.

Rebecs said...

Awesome! I love the pink and black, and especially all your bargain finds, well done! Good luck with the arrival of Brielle!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.