Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We are employed!!

So we weren't supposed to get a phone call until April 10th, but Jake got a phone call today from Disney telling him how impressed they were with him and they wanted to offer him a position. He will be interning with Disney's Wide World of Sports in the Finance division.  I am so proud of him, the HR rep said they were inundated with applicants for the limited positions they opened up and we truly were not getting our hopes up for this internship, but we feel so blessed that we got it.  Jake is beyond excited and so am I.  Congratulations honey!! I always knew my husband was smart, so it's exciting to see that other people think so too!!  He has been working his butt off ever since we started Graduate School it is soo great to see it pay off!!


He is a pretty good looking business man!!!

11 comments:

Martin Family said...

That is AWESOME!!! Congrats for all your hard work Jake and Tanessa for putting up with long hours and being away from family and close friends! You guys are awesome!

K Lind said...

SWEET! That is great, congrats!

Katie said...

That's awesome! Congrats Jake! We're happy for you guys and I bet that working for Disney will be fun. But does that mean that you are going to stay there in Florida for a while longer? I guess we will have to come see you sometime.

Becca said...

Congrats! I think I heard you mention Disney today at lunch, but I was off chasing Isabelle and didn't hear the important part about Jake getting a job there. I am so happy for you guys. What a great opportunity!

Kristi said...

That's great news! Congrats to Jake, and hope everything turns out well!! I hear, "When you wish upon a star...makes no difference who you are...anything your heart desires will come to you" Disney SAID that, and sure enough..!

Call Commotion said...

Yay for jobs! You guys are workin at Disney - Maybe you will get some free stuff :) Does that mean that you get to come home to Poky?

Jessica said...

Congrats Jake!!!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Oh, Jake we are so happy for the both of you. I know how hard you've tried on getting a job -- and to think you landed Disney!!! We are simply THRILLED for you!! We've been praying for you both -- well, all three!! Such exciting news -- Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Love You all, Grandma & Grandpa

Heather said...

Congratulations you guys! That is so exciting and I am so happy for you! When does he start the internship? WOOHOO!!!

Krystal said...

Yay for jobs, especailly in this economy (bet you never get sick of listing to that) Hey Jake maybe you could put in a good word at disney for an amazing marketer/manager...me! hehe j/k. best of luck with the intern!

The Lindquists said...

Congratulations Jake! I'm sure it feels so rewarding to have a job offer!