Thursday, February 4, 2010

Stir Crazy!!

Addi is quite the little cook she is always pretending that she is cooking dinner or Birthday cakes or some other little treat. We have been going pretty stir crazy since the car we bought for Jake five months ago, the transmission went out so we are back down to one car. Jake has to travel clear to Disney which with traffic is an hour away, so there is no way I can take him to work and keep the car all day and then go pick him up, so alas me and the girls get on each others nerves pretty quickly!! So yesterday was definately one of those cases so I decided I would let Addi help me make Cupcakes and since Valentines day is coming up we made Red Velvet with red and pink Sprinkles!!
Addi loved being able to decorate them all by herself!!
The sprinkles ended up in a big mound all on one side!!
She actually ate the whole thing instead of just licking all the frosting off. I think she was so proud that she actually got to mix, fill the cups, bake and frost and decorate all by herself. She is getting to be a pretty big girl!!
So I got the best present anyone could ask for at three in the morning!! Anyone that has been around my house (or on the phone) for more than a few minutes can atest to the fact that I don't have the happiest little baby. She is always screaming, which we know is due to her poor little digestive system, but when the night rolls around this screaming gets especially worse so Jake and I take turns all night with not only an awake baby but a screaming and unhappy baby. Last night at three in the morning (after a major blow out) I had the happiest Brielle I have ever seen!! It did my heart good to finally see her smiling and trying to giggle, and although it was in the middle of the night I spent a whole hour just playing and cooing back at my baby, because I knew it was a very rare moment!! I thought that it was so cute I had to get video proof of it for Jake!!

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Awww..cute little baby girl!! loved the title...haha, STIR crazy...I get it! Addi is growing up so fast and just beginning to be quite the little miss helper isn't she?

Heather said...

That video was adorable! I guess you take the smiles when you can get them with babies like that =0) It makes me all the more happy that I am DONE with that stage!

Ray and Donna Hamblin said...

Sorry you've had some unhappy times with little Brielle -- poor sweet, little baby. I hope things go better with her digestive problems because she is such a happy little girl when she feels good. Darling video!!!!
I loved Addi's cupcakes -- and her cute hairdo!! Kisses for the girls, and hugs for you and Jake!!!!! We miss you. G'ma

Melissa Fisher said...

Your girls are so cute! I love reading the little stories about Adi. What a doll. I know all about fussy babies, if you need any advice, I seriously think I have read every book and tried every remedy. Some work some don't but the crying made me crazy! Good luck. Good thing they are cute right?

Kelsey said...

i LOVE addi's new hair cut. it is sooo cute on her. and i can't believe how much your two girls look like each other. they are both adorable!